Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Brush in the Hand is Worth Two in the...

I am starting to think I have a fewwwww too many makeup brushes.  I've got paddle foundation brushes, I've got multiple eye blending brushes, I've got your flat shader eye ones and I've got your retractable kabukis.  You name it and I probably have something like it in my stash.  Through it all, though, there are most definitely some favorites of mine that I keep going back to!

Go-To Face Brushes, top to bottom: (1) Everyday Minerals flat top brush, (2) Ecotools blush brush, (3) Bdellium tools powder brush






Everyday Minerals flat top brush: Dense isn't a word you'd necessarily want to hear to describe yourself, but it is definitely a word you want to hear when describing a mineral makeup brush.  I've had this baby for almost 2 years and it's still going strong. It's truly one of the densest kabuki-type brushes I own, and is really great for buffing on mineral makeup.  In all the time I've had it, it has not shed a single hair.  Ridiculous, seriously. And at $10 at the time of purchase (I believe it's now $12 on the website -- although there's a current promotion going on, so act on that fast!) it is so, so worth it.

Ecotools blush brush: I am a big fan of Ecotools brushes, because they're so soft, inexpensive and honestly, just really great quality and bang for your buck (and eco-friendly, too!). This blush brush is from the Alicia Silverstone for Ecotools collection, and it was part of a set that included 3 other brushes and a super adorable cosmetic bag/brush holder in one.

Bdellium powder brush:  A green powder brush?? Who'da thunk? I discovered this gem after seeing it mentioned in one of Zoella's videos on Youtube.  It's uber soft and perfect for putting on some powder, or even blush and bronzer.  I bought these on eBay (also sold on Amazon) and it came in a pack of a few other brushes also, including a big fluffy eyeshadow brush, concealer brush and small angled contouring face brush. This powder brush and the fluffy eyeshadow brush are by far my favorites out of those. And really, who can resist something as fun as a green brush?

Go-To Eye Brushes, top to bottom: (1) Bubbi dual cover brush, (2) E.L.F. angled blending eye brush, (3) Sonia Kashuk multipurpose brush, (4) Ecotools flat shader brush, (5) Ecotools angled liner brush, (6) Ecotools fluffy brush




Bubbi dual cover brush: Dual ended brushes are so smart and convenient!  (I don't know about you, but they kind of remind me of those dual-ended pens with highlighter and pen on other side).  It's one less brush you need to take out when you get ready and I love that.  This dual ended brush by Bubz Beauty is gorgeous, and feels so nice on the skin.  It's really convenient for applying my tinted moisturizer and then flipping it on over and blending out the edges of my concealer.  Love!!

E.L.F. angled blending eye brush + Sonia Kashuk multipurpose brush + Ecotools flat shader brush: I don't always do my eyeshadow in the morning, but when I do, I reach for these. (Dos Equis, anybody)?  Blend blend blend and pat pat pat that color on -- all of these are totally good.

Ecotools angled liner brush:  I am, in a word, obsessed with this brush.  It also came in an Ecotools brush set (I sense a bit of a pattern here) and I've had it for about a year and a half -- still going strong and amazeballs for putting on that gel liner, with my choices being my MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack or any number of E.L.F. cream liners.  Yeah, you need to own this brush, and at around $5 you don't really have an excuse not to.

Ecotools fluffy brush: This bad boy has been going steady with my Sonia Kashuk Brightening Powder and they are a perfect couple.  I just pat this brush into the container and simply pat on the powder to set my not-so-steady undereye concealer -- perfect!

All of these brushes are inexpensive, soft to the touch and good at what they do!  This doesn't mean I won't be using my other brushes, or not buying any more, but I sure am loving them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment